Pietro Gentile MD,PhD
Regenerative Plastic Surgeon
University of Rome, Tor Vergata
Pietro Gentile was born in Pescara on 10/04/1978. On 24 July 2003 he graduated in Medicine at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome with degree 110/110. He specialized in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery by a vote of 50/50 and honors at the University of Rome "Tor Vergata" on November 10, 2009. November 30, 2012, he received his PhD in Regenerative Surgery at the University of Rome "Tor Vergata" XXIVcycle.
He is a Secretary in the project entitled "Survey, comparative between Lazio and other Italian regions on the factors that negatively affect the organ donation from cadavers in Lazio and the needs of skin and cartilage and banks stem Lazio ". He is member since 7/11/2007 the Board of Directors of "Italian Society of Tissue Regeneration (SIRT)" with the aim of promoting the knowledge and implementation of regeneration and transplantation of tissues and cells. He is a Technical Consultant (CTU) to the field of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Civil Court of Rome. Dr. Gentile in recent years has given great impetus to the development of new technologies and the use of new methodologies in the field of Regenerative Medicine as evidenced by numerous publications in international journals concerning mainly the use of adipose tissue and the influences of autologous growth factors in the mechanisms of proliferation and differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells, the use of biomaterials in the treatment of ulcers and loss of substance of the lower limbs. He participated in the realization of the project of Scientific Research University (RSA) funded in 2008 with the title: "The autologous adipose tissue: in vivo and in vitro validation of new protocols for implementation take root." He is author, co-author and corresponding author of over 80 publications. He is author of the book "The Adipose Tissue", published by Monduzzi editorial. In February 2014 he qualified as ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR in the field of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Since September 2014 is the holder of the Teaching of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of the Catholic University "Our Lady of Good Counsel" in Tirana, Albania.
- 2014- Phd in Regenerative Surgery at University of Rome Tor Vergata with the thesis “Application of derived stromal vascular stem cells and growth factors in Regenerative Surgery”.XXIV Cycle.
- 2009- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, summa cum laude at University of Rome Tor Vergata. Thesis titled: “New frontiers in Regenerative Surgery: use of platelet gel and growth factors in adipose tissue grafting”.
- 2003- Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD) in Medicine and Surgery at Rome Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, with a final grade of 110/110.
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Regenerative Plastic Surgery
- Adipose Tissue
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Face Lipostructure
- Platelet Rich Lipotransfert
- Soft Tissue Deficiency
- SARS-CoV-2: the "Uncensored" Truth about Its Origin and Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells as New Potential Immune-Modulatory Weapon. Gentile P. Aging Dis. 2021 Apr 1;12(2):330-344
- AIRMESS - Academy of International Regenerative Medicine & Surgery Societies: Recommendations in the use of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP), Autologous Stem Cell- Based Therapy (ASC-BT) in Androgenetic Alopecia and Wound Healing. Gentile P, Alves R, Cole JP, Andjelkov K, Van Helmelryck T, Fernandez J, Trivisonno A, Guillaume L, Verpaele A, Tonnard P, Magalon J, Magalon G, Menkes S. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2021 Mar 26.
- Systematic Review: Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Platelet-Rich Plasma and Biomaterials as New Regenerative Strategies in Chronic Skin Wounds and Soft Tissue Defects. Gentile P, Garcovich S. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Feb 3;22(4):1538
- Research progress on Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs), Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells (AD- MSCs), Drugs, and Vaccines in Inhibiting COVID-19 Disease. Gentile P, Sterodimas A, Pizzicannella J, Calabrese C, Garcovich S. Aging Dis. 2020 Oct 1;11(5):1191-1201.
- Regenerative application of stromal vascular fraction cells enhanced fat graft maintenance: clinical assessment in face rejuvenation. Gentile P, Sterodimas A, Calabrese C, De Angelis B, Trivisonno A, Pizzicannella J, Dionisi L, De Fazio D, Garcovich S. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2020 Dec;20(12):1503-1513
- Systematic Review-The Potential Implications of Different Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Concentrations in Regenerative Medicine for Tissue Repair. Gentile P, Garcovich S. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Aug 9;21(16):5702.
- Systematic Review: Allogenic Use of Stromal Vascular Fraction (SVF) and Decellularized Extracellular Matrices (ECM) as Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMP) in Tissue Regeneration. Gentile P, Sterodimas A, Pizzicannella J, Dionisi L, De Fazio D, Calabrese C, Garcovich S. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Jul 15;21(14):E4982.
- A Randomized Blinded Retrospective Study: the combined use of Micro-needling Technique, Low-Level Laser Therapy and Autologous Non-Activated Platelet- Rich Plasma improves Hair Re-Growth in patients with Androgenic Alopecia. Gentile P, Dionisi L, Pizzicannella J, De Angelis B, De Fazio D, Garcovich S. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2020 Jul 17.
- Reply to: Observation on the article "Long-term follow-up comparison of two different bilayer dermal substitutes in tissue regeneration: Clinical outcomes and histological findings". De Angelis B, Gentile P. Int Wound J. 2020 Jun 27.
- Adipose Stem Cells (ASCs) and Stromal Vascular Fraction (SVF) as a Potential Therapy in Combating (COVID-19)-Disease. Gentile P, Sterodimas A. Aging Dis. 2020 May 9; 11(3):465-469.
- Adipose-derived stromal stem cells (ASCs) as a new regenerative immediate therapy combating coronavirus (COVID-19)-induced pneumonia. Gentile P, Sterodimas A. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 020 Jul;20(7):711-716.
- Systematic Review of Platelet-Rich Plasma Use in Androgenetic Alopecia Compared with Minoxidil®, Finasteride®, and Adult Stem Cell-Based Therapy. Gentile P, Garcovich S. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Apr 13;21(8):2702.
- Autologous Micrografts from Scalp Tissue: Trichoscopic and Long-Term Clinical Evaluation in Male and Female Androgenetic Alopecia. Gentile P, Scioli MG, Cervelli V, Orlandi A, Garcovich S. Biomed Res Int. 2020 Jan 27;2020:7397162.
- Autologous activated platelet-rich plasma (AA-PRP) and non-activated (A-PRP) in hair growth: a retrospective, blinded, randomized evaluation in androgenetic alopecia. Gentile P, Garcovich S. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2020 Mar; 20 (3):327-337.
- Impact of the Different Preparation Methods to Obtain Autologous Non-Activated Platelet-Rich Plasma (A-PRP) and Activated Platelet-Rich Plasma (AA-PRP) in Plastic Surgery: Wound Healing and Hair Regrowth Evaluation. Gentile P, Calabrese C, De Angelis B, Dionisi L, Pizzicannella J, Kothari A, De Fazio D, Garcovich S. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Jan 9; 21(2):431.