Mahaveer Mehta MD
Department of Dermatology
Mahaveer Mehta Medical Center
United Arab Emirates
Dr.Mahaveer Mehta is Chairman and Medical director in his own medical Center in Dubai since may 1990. Prior to this he was Chairman of the Dept. of Dermatology at Qatar armed Forces medical unit and Chairman of Dermatology at International Hospital Bahrain. He has also worked as Faculty member in Al Fatah University, Tripoli, Libya and SMS medical college, Jaipur. Dr. Mehta is internationally well known in the field of Dermatology and Lasers. He is a pioneer in introducing Lasers to the Middle East. He is successfully practicing in Dubai since 1990.
His clean reputation is not limited to just UAE but spread across seven seas. He is one of the strongest promoters of Health Tourism in Dubai.
Dr. Mehta is a Chair and Speaker at several international dermatological and laser conferences. He Has Published about 20 research publications in international peer reviewed Dermatology Journals.
He is a member of Several Dermatology and Laser societies in the world, Board of Director, The Dermatologic & Aesthetic Surgery International League (DASIL) 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 .He is appointed Congress President for annual conference DASIL Dermatology Aesthetic surgery International league, USA held in Dubai in Oct 2016 with support from Dubai Tourism department, Government of Dubai.
Dr. Mehta is Chair, Scientific committee ICAAM 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 (International Congress in Aesthetic and anti-ageing Medicine)
He is former Member advisory committee Gender Aesthetic Congress Asia 2014 organized by American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine International (AAAM)
He is Mentor/Host, International Travelling Mentorship Program (ITMP), American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS). He is a recipient of prestigious awards such as Physician Recognition Award from American Medical Association and Continuing Medical Education Award from American Academy of Dermatology. He is member Editorial Board of Journal of Clinical and Cosmetic Dermatology USA, Member Editorial Board Journal of Procedural Dermatology and Former Member of the editorial board of Gulf medical college health journal and several other International Journals in the field of Dermatology.
Received outstanding contribution Medal 2016 at international Dermatology conference DASIL held in October 2016 in the field of Dermatology from (ASDS) American Society of Dermatology by Prof Lawrence field Chief of International Mentorship program ASDS USA. I am invited Chair and Faculty for World congress of Cosmetic Dermatology to be held in Bengaluru, India in May 2017.
Recipient of outstanding contribution Medal By president of Dermatology Aesthetic international league Dr.Michael Gold at annual conference.
Received most prestigious Congress Ambassador Award from Dubai Tourism department Government of Dubai in 2016 and again in 2020 for organizing International conferences in Dubai.
- MD in Dermatology - University of Gujrat, India - 1978
- DV&D -University of Gujrat, India- 1976
- Dermatological Surgery
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Lasers Treatments
- C. Bhaktaviziam, M. Shafi, M. C. Mehta et al. Tinea Capitis in Tripoli. Clinical and experimental Dermatology (1984) 9, 84-88.
- Chetty BhaktaViziam, M. Shafi, M. C. Mehta Chromoblastomycosis - Report of a case from Tripoli, Libya. Mycopathologica 82,111-113 (1983).
- M. C. Mehta et al. Erythema Multiforme due to nasal inhalant -Fenitrothion ( A Case report with brief review of Literature). Current medical practice, Vol.22 No.10.
- El-Hadi, M. C. Mehta et al. Histiocytosis-X The IBN-Sina Medical Association's Journal 1980 PP.55-58, University of Al-Fateh, Faculty of Medicine- Tripoli.
- Dr. M. C. Mehta et al. Common Dermatological diseases and their management. Maharashtra medical Journal, Vol. XXIV, 6, September 1977.
- Dr. Mahaveer Mehta MD et al. A Social and Medical Problem- Vitiligo. Journal of the Medicine and surgery October, 1978.
- Dr. Mahaveer Mehta et al. Multi-drug Therapy for Leprosy. Journal of the Medicine and Surgery, January, 1978.
- Mahaveer chand Mehta et al. Recent Advances in the treatment of common skin diseases. The Rajasthan Medical Journal vol.XVI, No.4, 1977.
- M. C. Mehta et al. Recent advances in the drug treatment of Leprosy. The Rajasthan Medical Journal, Vol XVII, No.1, 1978.
- Dr. Puspendra Garg, Dr. M. C. Mehta et al. epidemiological analysis of Hansen's disease. Maharashtra Medical Journal, Vol. XXV, No.12, March 1979.
- M. C. Mehta et al. Common sexually transmitted diseases and their treatment. Journal of Medicine and surgery, February, 1978.