Adán Fuentes-Suárez, MD
Professor of Dermatology of the School of Medicine
- 1974: Born in Mexico City.
- 1999: Medical degree obtained from the Faculty of Medicine at the UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México(UNAM).
- 1999 – 2003: Internal Medicine, in the Hospital Españolin Mexico City. This Medical Residencewasalso endorsed by UNAM.
- 2003 – 2006: Dermatology Residence.
- HisResidence took place in the “Dr. Manuel Gea González” Hospital in Mexico City. This is one of the most prestigious and recognized Dermatology schools in all Latin America.
- He has been member of the Medical Staff in the Hospital Español since 2007.
- Nowadays Dr. Adán works in two hospitals in Mexico, Hospital Español located in Polanco and the Hospital GEA Gonzalez, located at the South of the City.
- He has been also professor at the Universidad Panamericana (Mexico City) 2010-17) teaching in the 7th Semester of Nursery Degree. For that same University, he is Professor in 5th semester in Dermatologic clinics (2017-21).
- Doctor Adán Fuentes has participated in several conferences (even “webinars” in pandemic age) and has written various medical articles an at least, 3 book chapters, the last one is in press and is related to clinical photography.
- 1993-1997 Degree as a Medical Surgeon, Faculty of Medicine. UNAM - Mexico.
- 1997 Undergraduate rotating medical internship, The Amaerican British Cowdray Medical Center. (A.B.C Hospital). Mexico City.
- 1998-1999 Social services, Urban Health Center, Ministry of Health. Cardenas, San Luis Potosi.
- 1999-2003 Internal Medicine Residency, Spanish Hospital of Mexico, Incorporated into the UNAM.
- 2003-2006 Dermatology Residency, General Hospital "Dr. Manuel Gea González". Incorporated into the UNAM.
- Clinical photography
- Drug reactions
- Skin manifestations as internal diseases.
- Pemphigus vulgaris and its variants.
- Fuentes-Suárez A. Common dermatoses in Geriatrics. In: De Anda-Juárez M, editor. Atlas of Geriatric Dermatology. Mexico:
- Cutaneous adverse reactions in ONCOLOGY. Ch.17 Biological therapies 2021
- Torres-Landa M, Fuentes-Suárez A, et al. Bilateral panuveitis and secondary syphilis in an HIV-positive patient. Dermatol Rev Mex 2020; 64 (6): 716-721
- Andrade-Morelos LE, Cano-Aguilar LE, Fuentes-Suárez A. Oral lesions from disseminated histoplasmosis as the first clinical manifestation of AIDS. Rev Cienc Clín 2018; 19(1):29-32
- Fuentes-Suárez A, González-Márquez TN. "Acrobatic" Lice. N Engl J Med. 2017 Oct 5;377(14):e19
- Ruíz-López P, Martínez-Luna E, Toussaint-Caire S, Fuentes-Suárez A, Vega-Memije E. Neutrophilic Eccrine Hidradenitis in an HIV-Infected Patient. Skinmed. 2017 Aug 1;15(4):297-299.eCollection 2017
- Contreras-Ruiz J, Fuentes-Suárez A, Arroyo-Escalante S, Moncada-Barron D, Sosa-de-Martínez MC, Maravilla-Franco E, Domínguez-Cherit JG. Comparative study of the efficacy of larval-therapy (LT) to debride and control the bacterial load in venous ulcers compared with surgical debridement and application of a topical antimicrobial. Gac Med Mex. 2016 Oct;152(Suppl 2):78-87
- Fuentes-Suárez A, Domínguez-Soto L. The underestimation of dermatology based on ignorance and its impact on patient's health. Rev Med Inst Mex Insurance Soc. 2015;53(2):250-3
- Fernández-Rueda P, Ruiz-López P, Ramírez-Negrín MA, Fuentes-Suárez A. Renal cell carcinoma skin metastasis (MCCCR): Case report and literature review. Gac Med Mex. 2015;151:533-7
- Rodríguez Zendejas N, Mancheno-Valencia A, Arenas R, Fuentes-Suárez A, et al. A case of cutaneous porphyria takes time of multifactorial etiology. Dermatology CMQ 2014; 12 (1):37 - 40
- Fuentes A, Arenas R, Reyes M, et al. Actinomycetoma and Nocardia sp.: Report of five cases treated with imipenem or imipenem plus amikacin. Gac Med Mex. 2006 May-Jun;142(3):247-52.
- Contreras-Ruíz J, Barrezueta-Chea S, Fuentes-Suárez A, et al. Use of collagenase/chloramphenicol for debridement of very painful venous ulcers. Dermatology Rev Mex 2004;48: 2004.
- Contreras-Ruiz J, Fuentes-Suárez A, Karam-Orantes M, et al. Larval Debridement Therapy in Mexico. Wound Care Canada. 2005; 3: 42-46.